If you're anything like us then your 4 legged friend is a much loved part of the family, and leaving them at home when you go on holiday is not only very expensive but also triggers the pet parent guilt! Well do not fear, here at Capricorn Campers we offer dog friendly motorhome hire and not only that but we also do not charge extra! That's right you can take your dog on holiday and it won't cost you a penny. We don't charge extra for children so why charge extra for dogs right!
Top tips for dog friendly motorhome hire
* Consider how your dog is going to travel. If you travel with them in a crate then we would encourage you to contact us with your crate measurements so that we can advise you on the most suitable layout. Our Galaxy 5 Berth motorhomes tend to work best with large crates. If you use seatbelt harnesses then please note our Planet 2 berth twin/king layout does not have any rear traveling seats and so may not be suitable.
* Factor in comfort breaks. Your dog may at first find traveling in a strange environment a little stressful so please bear this in mind when planning how far you are going to be driving.
* If you are taking your dog on holiday with you then do consider the activities and sites you will be visiting. More and more establishments are now welcoming dogs with open arms but It's always worth double checking as we do ask that you do not leave your dog unattended within the motorhome.
* Whilst we are dog lovers ourselves it's important to appreciate that not all of our customers are. We pride ourselves on the cleanliness of our vehicles and whilst we don't insist on you keeping your pets off the furniture we do ask that you bring with you blankets to cover the seats. A travel hoover would also be handy particularly if you have a hairy pooch!
* If you are planning on traveling to Europe in your hired motorhome please ensure you have the correct travel documents as all pets must have an EU pet passport