Published on 12th December 2017
Did you know that more than 50 club campsites are open all year round including the Christmas period? Here are just a few that come highly recommended by the Camping and Caravanning club.
- Wells Touring Park This 5 star adults only campsite is in the heart of the beautiful Somerset countryside. Within walking distance to historic Wells and just a short walk from bath station where you will discover more than a 100 stalls at the Bath Christmas market. The city turns into a winter wonderland from 24th November to 11th December.
- Lee Valley Campsite A peaceful site on the doorstep of the River Lee Country park within easy reach of London with One- day London travel cards being are available from the campsite shop. Why not venture across to Hyde Park and its Winter Wonderland running from November 18th through to 2nd January. A very cost effective way to enjoy London during the festive season!!
- Lytton Lawn Touring Park set in eight acres of parkland offering beautiful views over the Isle of Wight, the Needles and the Solent. Just 10 miles away you can discover Beaulieu an award winning tourist destination set in the heart of the New Forest National Park. From December 17 to 2 January the Palace House will be adorned with festive decorations and why not take a stroll around the grounds to discover the largest outdoor Christmas trees in the New Forest decorated to impress. With Carol singing and mulled wine this is a sure way to get into the Christmas spirit.
- Bron-Y-Wendon Touring Park This multiple award winning site is ideally placed for exploring Snowdonia, Anglessey, Conway and the charming town, Chester. Snowdonia is without doubt one of the most stunning areas of natural beauty within Britian. The perfect backdrop to walk off that Christmas dinner!!
- Edinburgh Caravan Club Site What better way to welcome in the New Year than in Edinburgh famous for it's Hogmanay celebrations. Having been fortunate enough to experience this ourselves we highly recommend this as a bucket list tick. But it's not just about the New Year the city offers so much in the way of Christmas celebrations from a German Christmas market, Christmas themed rides and Santa Land. Hogmanay itself kicks off on the 30 December with the famous torchlight procession through the streets of Edinburgh. Then on 31 December get ready for the world famous fireworks set against the stunning backdrop of Edinburgh castle.
So whether you are in search of some Christmas markets, fancy escaping into the hills of Snowdonia for a break away from the madness, or are looking to welcome in the New Year in style Capricorn Campers can get you on the road to freedom this festive season with a Motorhome that comes with all the mod cons to keep you warm and comfortable no matter how cold it gets.